SEDIT (Social and Economic Development Initiatives of Tanzania) is a member based, Tanzanian Non Governmental Organization, Registered on 23 February 2005 under the Registrar of Societies of the Ministry of Home Affairs of the United Republic of Tanzania with Registration Number: SO 13048.
Our Core Values
Our Strategic Objectives
“Vibrant community, determining its destiny by managing sustainable livelihoods.”
SEDIT Promotes enabling environment for sustainable livelihood development by employing participatory approaches.
Sedit Core Values
We are independent, multicultural and non-party political.
* We use the best available scientific information to address our services offered and critically evaluate all our endeavors.
* We, wherever possible, seek dialogue and avoid confrontation.
* We involve local partner’s companies’, communities and indigenous people in the planning and execution of our services, and respect their demands and economic needs.
* We maximize our effectiveness by building partnerships with other Companies, Governments, local and International businessmen and any beneficiary.
* We run our operations in a responsible and cost-effective manner, and apply partnership from partners according to the highest standards of accountability and transparency.
Sedit Strategic Objectives
SEDIT implements five strategic objectives:
*Advocate for VICOBA model for enhancing financial inclusion among for the marginalized rural and urban communities
*Promote enterprise development, agribusiness and business management skills among youth and marginalized rural and urban communities
*Promote access to health facilities, sanitation and gender equality among for rural and urban communities
*Advocate for natural resource and sustainable livelihood management